A lot of money goes towards the things that turn a house into a home. These things, house contents, could be anything like furniture, clothing, electronic equipment (TVs, fridges, computer equipment), rugs, curtains, mirrors and gardening tools. In the unfortunate event that you are a victim of burglary or loss you want to make sure that your house contents are adequately covered.

Our contents insurance covers the following:

  • Accidental breakage of mirrors and certain glass inside your house
  • Fire extinguishing charges incurred to prevent or reduce damage to your property
  • Damage to your property caused by wild monkeys or baboons
  • Accidental spoiling of the contents of your refrigerators or freezers inside your private residence
  • Medical expenses of guests and domestic employees
  • Cost of trauma treatment after theft, burglary, hijacking or fire
  • The cost of employing security guards after an insured event
  • The necessary costs of removing debris or your damaged contents after loss or damage caused by an insured event
  • Washing on the line against any insured event

Optional cover

  • Power surge
  • Accidental damage, mechanical or electrical, to items in your house

Learn more

The benefits of insuring with us

Santam is the insurer of choice for thousands of Namibians countrywide. We help keep you safe by delivering insurance good and proper.

Read more

Our flat excess structure

We can’t keep the unexpected from happening. But we can make sure that there are no nasty surprises when it comes to your insurance and you are not left with more questions than answers. Our excess structure enables us to fulfil our promise to you of insurance good and proper. With our flat excess, you know upfront how much your excess will be thus eliminating surprises at claims time. Now that’s proper, dependable, thorough insurance against any eventuality.


• The excess for claims relating to lightning is n$500 and n$250 for accidental damage

Excess for clients 55 years and older

• No excess applicable

Cover for connoisseurs

Personal legal liability

Personal legal liability provides insurance cover if you are legally responsible for the accidental death, illness or injury to someone who is not a member of your household. This cover includes your legal responsibility for accidental physical loss or damage to someone else’s property or belongings.

Extended personal legal liability

No matter where you go in the world, we will ensure that you are covered against eventualities which you are not covered for under our Personal legal liability section.

Legal costs and expenses

This option provides cover for any personal legal costs and expenses. This includes legal defence costs of family matters, as well as criminal, civil or labour court actions.

Personal accident

We provide cover for your accidental death or permanent disability as a result of bodily injury due to, and within 12 months of an accident.

Hospital benefit plan

Our hospital benefit plan compensates you for each 24-hour day in hospital as a result of an event which you are insured for.

All Risks

We carry expensive lifestyle items and other valuables with us every day. Our All Risks solution provides cover for loss of or damage to items you normally wear or carry with you outside your home.

Our All Risks section includes cover for:

  • Clothing and personal effects - the clothes you wear, as well as the personal items you carry with you, including personal sporting equipment; and
  • Specified items – items that need to be specified for cover, based on their correct value. This includes keys, locks, remote control units, certain collections, bicycles, laptops, tablets and cellphones. All specified items will be reflected in your policy.




Special collection


Welcome to our blog

Santam shares the latest news and great perspectives on everything from the formation of lightning and your car’s tyre tread to your house’s roof, your business’ gutters and just about anything else that affects your safety.

Our guide to home contents insurance - and why combining cover saves you money

Our guide to home contents insurance - and why combining cover saves you money

Learn more
Why you need building insurance and how to switch from your bank

Why you need building insurance and how to switch from your bank

Learn more
Protect your home against flooding

Protect your home against flooding

Learn more

Comparative tables

View our comparative table for an overview of our insurance offering for home or building contents, including your bed and breakfast establishment.

House contents

In the news

10 tips to ensure your insurance claim is paid out

26 July 2016

The Ombudsman is often approached to settle disputes after a claim has been rejected by an insurer. Here are 10 essential tips to make sure you won't have a claim rejected.

Drunk driving warning from ombud

26 July 2016

You are probably aware that if you crash your car while driving under the influence of alcohol or other drugs, your insurance company has the right to repudiate your claim, leaving you liable not only for the damage to your vehicle, but also for any other damage caused by the accident.

Read more